Wednesday, March 27, 2019

The Unfettered Language :: Speaking Language Essays

The Unfettered Language In locomote through the stages of ones life, one also advances through contrary levels and styles of expressing. stars personal style of manner of speaking is adapted to travel these distinct periods of life. In citing a language and using rule books that others are unfamiliar with, many can be left in a state of confusion. Over time there have been many styles of language that we find difficult to understand and relate to. In Keywords, Raymond Williams is able to bind a certain language or group of words and come out the reader the different forms of the word/language by giving examples and background, and then clarifying some of the confusion that new languages and words can have. Ones whole life is spent around the same types of mess and languages, then all of the sudden when leaving that comfort zone that you had unquestionable you feel like youre lost. To comprehend the different styles of speaking in our society today, one must underst and their origins and the context of their use. The language (group of words) that I am going to discuss in this paper is the one that we speak here at Duke. It is the vocabulary that many students here at Duke speak, as we have matured past our young teen years, but whitewash search for our adult maturity and lifestyle. I will show how the radical language spoken here at Duke is a much much mature and respectful than that of high school language, but explain how it electrostatic lacks in maturity compared to adults way of speech. Teenagers growing up in northern California, like myself, are known for using hella its a word that I have used for as long as I can return. But when I came to North Carolina for the first time, I say it to someone who in turn asked, California, right? I responded with a stuttering yes. why is it that these kinds of things happen? How is it that a single area on the worlds map, or a single group of people start using words that no one else understan ds or uses? To say that there is estimable one explanation does not fully justify it. I remember my mother and father being completely confused by what I was trying to say back in high school when my friends and I used words like hella (meaning a lot) and hit (meaning horrific).

No comments:

Post a Comment